Sunday 29 May 2011

Week 17 - another 1lb down

Not bad! I was originally aiming for a bigger loss this week but caught a virus early on which meant not much exercise and the desire for comfort food was high, so a 1 lb loss is good stuff! That's 17 lbs loss, in 17 weeks. 1lb a week.

I've realised that clothes are my biggest drive/motivating factor at the moment. I went shopping for my birthday in March (so around week 4/5) and went to chose a few tops in Fat Face (oh the irony), one of my favourite shops. Everything I tried on (in their biggest size - 18) was too small and I came out in tears. Made even worse because I'd asked for some things from there from family and knew I'd have to go through it all again when I got my pressies.

I went back there yesterday to look round their new store in Witney and decided to brave a trying on session. Not only did the size 18 stuff fit, it was only too bloody big on me!!! I was so pleased, so I treated myself to a nice little navy top, in size 16.


When I was paying at the till they had a summer selection on display. Gorgeous little vests, with some cute little utility shorts that I thought would be fab for all our camping trips.

I'm too big for that kind of outfit but instead of leaving it at that I decided that that would be another aim. By next summer I want to be able to go into shops like Fat Face and see a nice pair of shorts, pick them up and buy them! So often I've been shopping and seen things I like, that I knew would never fit so I've had to go home and browse the internet for online plus size clothing stores to find a similar, never quite as nice and usually more expensive alternative.

Not anymore. I'm on the right track to changing this forever and soon you'll see me sporting outfits like this -
Now wouldn't that be fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment